Who we are
The Eureka! Zientzia Museoa (Eureka! Science Museum), which is part of the kutxa Foundation savings bank’s social outreach programme, is a cultural and educational resource at the service of our society.
Located in the Miramón technology park in Donostia-San Sebastian in an outstanding natural setting, the Eureka! Zientzia Museoa is an interactive museum in which the information is attractively presented with a fresh style of communication through a hands-on approach and experiments.
The Eureka! Zientzia Museoa aims to provide a stimulating environment for participating in activities linked to the world of science and technology. It is a centre for promoting science for all ages, a way to complement school programmes focusing on scientific principles, and a leisure-time resource for the personal development of both families and individuals.
The science museum includes:
- A permanent exhibition where visitors can go on a tour of different fields of science through the 172 or more interactive sections divided into 8 theme rooms.
- The Animalia room, a space for all ages where you can see different ecosystems and the animals that live in them.
- The Logik room, where we will hold technological activities with robotics and programming using LEGO materials.
- A digital Planetarium with a varied billboard, designed for families and connoisseurs of astronomy, a very useful place for teaching astronomy and for offering immersive cinema entertainment.
- A playful space of 300m2 with different simulations, which transports the visitor to a world of sensations. An attraction for families and young people. You will find a MAXFLIGHT flight cabin and the latest virtual reality simulators, and don't forget to ride our Roller Coaster!
Eureka! Science Museum also has an astronomy observatory located on top of a 3-metre high tower, a Foucault pendulum inside a 14-metre high glass tower, in addition to a great variety of organised events and shows featuring the Electricity Spectacle, unique in Spain.
The gardens outside feature a set of scale model heritage buildings of Gipuzkoa as well as a mini botanical garden.
In addition, Kutxa Foundation has made the following services available for visitors: free parking area, café and restaurant, shop, children’s playground, ticket offices and picnic area.